My mom only had one eye

My mom only had one eye. I hated her… She was such an embarrassment. She cooked for students and teachers to support the family.

There was this one day during elementary school where my mom came to say hello to me. I was so embarrassed.


How could she do this to me? I ignored her, threw her a hateful look and ran out. The next day at school one of my classmates said, ‘EEEE, your mom only has one eye!’

I wanted to bury myself. I also wanted my mom to just disappear. I confronted her that day and said, ‘ If you’re only gonna make me a laughing stock, why don’t you just die?’

My mom did not respond… I didn’t even stop to think for a second about what I had said, because I was full of anger. I was oblivious to her feelings.

I wanted out of that house, and have nothing to do with her. So I studied real hard, got a chance to go abroad to study.

Then, I got married. I bought a house of my own. I had kids of my own. I was happy with my life, my kids and the comforts. Then one day, my Mother came to visit me. She hadn’t seen me in years and she didn’t even meet her grandchildren.

When she stood by the door, my children laughed at her, and I yelled at her for coming over uninvited. I screamed at her, ‘How dare you come to my house and scare my children!’ GET OUT OF HERE! NOW!!!’

And to this, my mother quietly answered, ‘Oh, I’m so sorry. I may have gotten the wrong address,’ and she disappeared out of sight.

One day, a letter regarding a school reunion came to my house. So I lied to my wife that I was going on a business trip. After the reunion, I went to the old shack just out of curiosity.

My neighbors said that she died. I did not shed a single tear. They handed me a letter that she had wanted me to have.

‘My dearest son,
I think of you all the time. I’m sorry that I came to your house and scared your children.
I was so glad when I heard you were coming for the reunion. But I may not be able to even get out of bed to see you. I’m sorry that I was a constant embarrassment to you when you were growing up.
You see……..when you were very little, you got into an accident, and lost your eye. As a mother, I couldn’t stand watching you having to grow up with one eye. So I gave you mine.
I was so proud of my son who was seeing a whole new world for me, in my place, with that eye.
With all my love to you,

Your mother.’

12 comments:

In this story, I feel very pity of mother because she is a wonderful mother. Even though mother has only one eye, she still try to work to support family specially her son. However, the son hate his mother very much because he feel embarrassed of other people. I think all children should not have pessimism to their mother, she born us and give supporting to us also until we succeed our future. We have to respect and be optimism to her.

Referred to the story we learn the life is very complicate, and the end of the story is grateful. As a human being we must be had gratitude toward our parents. However, they are not kind or they are disable person but as a son or daughter we must love and obey them. If we think only our own benefit and keep another person get hurt without any reasons, we will not know how big the world is and what kind of human we are.

After i read this story i understand that this story shown all of us about main idea refer to topic said that even though mother has only one eye, she still try to work to support family and for students so this is a good action that mother had shown to all of us and we should not hate him only make us embarrassing we should obey him because that she have a lot of khoun to all son such as she had born us and take care start from small until big we should think full to her 'one word said that have only one still better, do not close kind'.

It is the best story that wonderful mother and I feel pity very much of mother.All children does not like this. We must be had gratitude toward our parents because he is done our a lot of favors and deeds of parents which deserve the children is gratitude.

All of Mather always love and care of their child. she tries to do everything that child need,specially Mather morale to child.according to this story, Mather think about their son don't want see her son one eye,so she decide give her one eye to her son but son don't know and angry his Mother that make he embarrass his friends and person around him. when her son to known it, his mother pass away. he regret that hate and don't care his Mather.

when I was teenager I thinking back my parents gave me a lot of good advice but I ignored every thing they said.I thought they were old and didn't know anything.Now I have got two teenagers of my own.I hope my daughters will listen to me more than I listened to my parents.

The mother do love her son but her son doesn't love her. If i were him i will not do like this. because when i was a child she care me all time whit her love until i grow up she still love me.
I rally love my parents as i will receive all of positive and negative.

He is a bad son. He did not know about his mother feeling and caring. His mother love him very much, and she could do everything for her son, but her son is so cruelly. He forgot his mother, and he never cared about his mother. All the children should take care and love parents as they do for us.

This mother was so respectful. She devoted her eye to his son, but her son never know this. So her son treated her very painful. how hurt it was when son did not like his mother. I hope all children share their love with parents as they have tired hard for raising us.

Every mother often love their baby, but in contrast in this story the women who is mother, she gave all her love to her son, but her son was a person who didn't know the value of his mother. His mother decided to gave her one eye to her son, because she thought about her son's future.But everything that she done is wrong, her son never thought about her at all until he got marriage. Until one day that he knew the trust of his mother's love to him, how hurt he is about he done to his mother. This hurting will stay with him forever.

After i read this story i feel painful to the mom because she love her son equal her life but her son don't understand about her mind and treat her very painful until she die. So we are the children don't do like this son, we should love our parents as they love us.

It’s one of the sadness story ever read. Her son challenges many things and faces many problems, but he didn’t give up. Then, he got a chance to study abroad, and got married. They live in harmony. Talk about the mother, she tried so hard to support the living, but his son didn't see this. However, she passed away without regret anything because her son has a good family.

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites