Love in action

One night a man came to our house and told me, “There is a family with eight children. They have not eaten for days,” I took some food and I went. When I finally came to the family, I saw the faces of those little children disfigured by hunger. There was no sorrow or sadness in their faces, just the deep pain of hunger. I gave the rice to the mother. She
divided it in two, and went out, carrying half the rice with her. When she came back, I asked her, “Where did you go?” She gave me this simple answer, “To my neighbors-they are hungry also.”

I was not surprised that she gave–because poor people are generous. But I was surprised that she knew they were hungry. As a rule, when we are suffering, we are so focused on ourselves we have no time for others.
 Mother Teresa

4 comments:

love is not just only feeling but we have to practice the love by doing something to help or show the reality.

That way I live for my life. Once satisfy yourself first, then help other later. I never thought that poor person are so kindness like it appears in story, she gave it to her neighbors even thought she had not yet satisfied her stomach. she was so generous.

Sharing food to the people who haven't eaten for days, is the best action. But i don't believe that no one can do like her in this story. She can give half rice to her neighbors when she not yet satisfied her stomach.

I don't know why the poor people have a lot of children. Even they don't have enough food to support their family. How pity to children that don't have food eaten for day? However, I'm very surprised with sentence ” She gave me this simple answer, “To my neighbors-they are hungry also.”

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites