To be individual

My happiness is me, not you.
Not only because you may be temporary,
But also because you want me to be what I am not.I cannot be happy when I change
Merely to satisfy your selfishness.
Nor can I feel content when you criticise me
  for not thinking your thoughts,

Or for seeing like you do.
You call me a rebel.
And yet each time I have rejected your beliefs
You have rebelled against mine.
I do not try to mold your mind.
I know you are trying hard enough to be just you.
And I cannot allow you to tell me what to be-
for I am concentrating on being me.

You said that I was transparent
And easily forgotten.
But why then did you try to use my lifetime,
To prove to yourself who you are?

2 comments:

I think it is right that we live for ourselves not for other people. We should be independent, and we have our own decision. We know who we are, so we are not controlled by the others. Evening Class, 407

ourselves is our lives. we have to try do something that make us can respond to our living. we can not live depending on somebody for ever.

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites