Limor Fried of Adafruit Industries

Limor Fried, who earned her masters in electrical engineering and computer science at MIT, runs Adafruit industries, which sells do-it-yourself electronics kits. For every kit Adafruit sells, Fried posts design files, schematics for circuit boards, and any software code needed. She welcomes people to use the information, and sees it as a way to foster innovation. "People want to see the world become a better place through science and engineering," Fried says. "We're going to need the current
and future generations to get inspired." Fried launched her company in 2005 with $10,000 that was supposed to go to her tuition. Any time she made a profit, she made a tuition payment. Today, the company ships between 150 to 200 orders a day, some of them worth thousands of dollars.

1 comments:

After I read this story, I can say that Limor Fried is a strong woman in business sector, and she earns more money from her company. In the future, I hope I can be business woman like her because I want to run my own business.

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites